© 2020 All rights reserved
pOWERED BY NATURE...
Work in the expanding field of mushroom farming. This entry-level position is an open door to becoming a mycologist. Use your critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to grow fungi throughout various life processes. Experience is preferred but not required, as long as you have a general interest in horticulture and growing mushrooms, we can teach you the rest.
$16 – $18.75 per hour (depending on experience)
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm – Overtime up to 60 hours per week may be required.
– Cultivate Mushrooms from the beginning of the life cycle until the end of the life cycle.
– Collect specimens and document the structure, physiology, development, and taxonomy of various fungi.
– Perform research and development functions such as improving the method of growing edible fungi like mushrooms.
– Prepare specialized mycology growing containers and substrates related to fungi cultivation.
– Safely operate machinery and equipment that is specialized for mushroom cultivation, and general agriculture.
– Schedule and perform sanitization of the facilities, including cleaning laboratories, grow rooms and general working areas of the facility.
– Personal sanitizing, having freshly laundered clothing, and maintaining proper sanitizing practices throughout the workday.
– It is not required, but if you have a license than we may provide you with a vehicle for local product deliveries and pickups.
– Picking, and packaging of orders as well as printing shipping labels and documents. Basic computer knowledge is necessary.
– Heavy Lifting up to 80lbs – including loading / unloading mushroom substrates which come in large totes or bags.
– Repetitive Motion – When loading/bagging mushroom substrates you will find yourself doing a lot of repetitive motions to complete the job.